Saturday, March 4, 2023

Nikon ADL vs. HDR + ADL

I took a stroll around harbourfront with my Nikon D7200 this afternoon.  It was a good opportunity to try HDR again and see how it fares outside.  You can be the judge of how things look.

Active D-Lighting (ADL) pictures are on the left and ADL + HDR pictures are on the right.

Covered sidewalk:  I like the details that HDR brings out.


Tiny tugboat:  There was virtually no difference here.


Larger tugboat:  I prefer the non-HDR version with more vibrant and sharper colours.




I'm not sure when to use HDR yet.  I'll eventually learn to recognize what makes a good candidate for HDR.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.