Friday, March 17, 2023

Video or Stills?


I've had this thought before but never wrote it down.  So, the question was, should you just do videos these days instead of taking still pictures?  I tend to take a lot of pictures when I travel.  They don't take up a lot of space but I could easily fill up a 32 GB memory card.  What if I use that space for just videos?  Pictures have little context.  It leaves a lot to the imagination.  Videos on the other hand are more self-explanatory and you get extra context with sound to accompany the 'picture'.  Should I forget the DSLR?  I'm thinking for my next travel adventure to use the GoPro.  Battery life will be challenging to manage but it will be a very different experience, I can already see.  I could actually keep the video running on my hip or chest, and walk around a place and interact with locals.  But, they wouldn't like getting filmed though, do they?  Moroccans, for example, really hate getting in your photos or videos, so you shouldn't do so surreptitiously; they have to agree to it.  So, yeah, I think this could work.  I'd probably still bring my DSLR along but only for the few occasions where something should be framed on a wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.