Saturday, March 4, 2023

First Photos from the D7200

Winter in Toronto this year has been like a snow globe.  It's been beautiful.  It's been calm sometimes and stormy at other times when someone shakes it up.  We've just got another dump of snow last night.  It was the weirdest of storms.  I've never ever heard thunder in the middle of winter and wouldn't believe anyone if they told they saw thunder, but last night would prove otherwise.  It was incredible to hear thunder while the sky was cover in white snow.  In my head, I was imagining of rain up above and they quickly crystallize into snow as they tumble toward the streets of Toronto.  It was amazing!

I was thinking of doing some jogging today but it looks like I'll stay inside.  I also thought I'd go out to take some wintery scenes but my first would instead come from my bedroom, through double-layer glass.  

It'd be cool to take a picture of a TTC streetcar as it drives over a bridge.  The streetcar is red so it would be contrasted against the white background. The streetcars come around probably every 10 minutes this morning.



I had Vietnamese pho at a restaurant on Thursday.  They served it with basil leaves.  I took a snippet of it home and it's sitting in a glass jar on my window sill overlooking the city down below.  In a couple of weeks, it'll grow roots and will go into a pot ready for spring time.


The colours are drabby.  It's a bit of a gloomy day.  The sun wants to show itself but it's cloudy.  Pictures are sharp though.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.