Saturday, February 25, 2012

Free photography

So I decided that I will do an experiment.  I will offer a few free photography shoots in my area for small events.  I will see if the quality of photos I produce is good enough to go semi-professional.  I have enough gears to cover most types of events (except for sports for which I still need a 70-200mm f/2.8) indoors and outdoors.  I do not have light modifiers or an assistant so whatever I have on the camera body and attachments will have to be it.  Well, we will see if anyone takes up on the offer and in a few months, I might decide to charge for the work. :)

6 comments:

  1. Hahahaha... We are going to have a birthday party for the kids, and Irene figured we could use another photographer since I would busy helping out... Keep your schedule open for March 31 - more details to come in a couple of weeks. :-)

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I'm booked for your party on March 31! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So far, I've got only one request. Well, maybe it's not a real request. Maybe it's some spam/scam/joke mail. Well, let's see if they will call me. It'd be fun if it's real.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alright. The lady called. She wants some pictures taken of a baby in about two weeks. My first real free gig. I wonder if I need a disclaimer yet, uh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you should at the very least have a release form where you will be able to claim ownership to the photos taken (so you can sell/publish them later).

    I just got my Adobe Lightroom from B&H yesterday. Let me know if you need some basic touching up or watermarking done. Give me some time to play with this before I am able to do more advanced airbrushing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. True. A release form is what I need.

    Let me know how good Lightroom really is and I might consider buying a copy too. I normally do just very basic editing of an entire photo, not parts of it.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.