Sunday, March 5, 2023

How to Carry your DSLR

After my walk yesterday, I thought I'd post something about how to carry your DSLR.  I've seen many Kijiji ads where people uploaded a photo of their DSLR with the original Nikon camera neck strap.  I don't know why manufacturers still make those straps.  They're a real pain in the neck (no pun intended).  Long ago, I realized how much stress the strap created so I got either a hand strap like the Small Rig so the DSLR is always on my hand for short walks, or a sling strap like the BlackRapid Sport strap here.  If you think the name brand is a bit expensive, you can get a cheap alternative like this one on Amazon which doesn't offer the same quality and features as the BlackRapid but will do.  On travels, that's what goes with me virtually everywhere.  The camera is slung around toward your butt and you keep the camera from most eyes by 

placing your hand in front of it as you walk but it's also also next to your fingers to pull up and take pictures.  If you're looking for a sling, remember to look for a strap under the armpit to keep the sling from cutting into the side of your neck.

I'd also wear a backpack of course to stow things away when I'm done with a walk or hike.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.