Sunday, October 28, 2012

Hip camera holster

"Pro Quick Hunter Shoot Good Partner Camera Holster Belt Kit" from ebay
I was researching on ebay (I think that is the right spelling of "eBay" as it was called before) for a d-ring to screw into the tripod mount socket of my camera when I came across this holster.  It's the Good Partner Camera Holster.  It sounds goofy and all but it does look cool.  I have seen some wedding photographers carry their cameras on their belt before.  I thought that was cool and so I guess this is what they used.  I did a bit of research on Google and found out it was probably a knock-off of the SpiderPro Single Camera System.  What's new.

The SpiderPro system comes with a belt.  This knock-off does not.  If I buy this knock-off, I'd use it with my leather belt, which is far stronger than SpiderPro's belt with a plastic snapping buckle.  I cannot understand why the pros trust this kind of belt with their pro DSLR bodies and lenses.  I guess they check for cracks in the buckle everytime they use it?  I had one plastic buckle break on me once.  Maybe it was cheap plastic that got brittle over time.

Anyways, I am contemplating at getting one of these hip holsters now.  I already have a fairly good camera strap.  This hip holster would be for a second camera that I carry from time to time.

2 comments:

  1. Did you buy one if so what do you think of it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, sorry, I decided that I did not need it, at least not immediately.

    ReplyDelete

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.