Monday, September 2, 2024

Potensic Atom's Return Home Feature

 Here's a tip for flying the Potensic Atom's Return Home feature.  First, take off from an open space with no obstruction such that you can go straight up at least 120m (400 ft.).  You can change the return altitude if you like under Settings -> Safety -> Signal Lost.  This is important!  If you ever lose connection with the drone for whatever reason, the drone will return home on its own, but it will do so by flying to the return altitude first directly above the Return Home point and will descend to that Return Home point.

This happened to me once when I was flying the drone in Follow Me mode.  I made the mistake of flying the drone when the controller had just a little power left.  When the controller ran out of battery, the drone was left flying on its own, so to speak.  It was high up in the sky and I couldn't do anything to bring it back down.  Lucky me, after maybe a minute or so, the drone decided that I've lost control of it and returned home on its own.  I thought I lost it!  It had disappeared as it went high up in the sky and while I was walking toward it, I lost sight of it only to find it back at where it took off initially.

The drone's landing very exact.  It's important that it can detect lots of GPS satellites (at least six) for it to be able to land back at the exact Return Home location.  Remember though, make sure the vertical take-off is completely unobstructed up to 120m!

This landing pad is not needed but if you could be flying from a thick grass area, you want to take off from an even surface:  https://amzn.to/4cQZ6hC



No comments:

Post a Comment

Potensic Atom Follow-Me Mode

The Potensic Atom's Follow-Me mode is one of its "intelligent flight" modes.  It's a really nifty feature that uses visual...