Monday, September 9, 2024

DJI Neo

Someone mentioned today they were testing this micro-drone out over the weekend.  I'm starting to think whether I should get this drone too!  It sounds so much fun.  They were testing it with their mountain bike, riding in the woods.  This drone would follow them into the woods.  It initially made me cringe until I looked at a picture of it.  The propellers are fully enclosed in a cage!  That's beautiful design I think.  Yes, the drone crashed into trees and branches and so on but it survived!  This is like the GoPro of drones.  Sturdy little bastard, I thought.  Just pure fun.  Not having to worry about breaking it.  It's super light and fast enough for mountain biking.  It does 4K video too for 18 minutes straight!

The only downside that would prevent me from buying it is, it doesn't have a 3-axis gimbal. For the type of active sports it can shoot for, you don't need a gimbal.  I need a gimbal for landscape and the aerial shots I want to make with my motorcycle.  For the time being, I'll stick with my Potensic Atom.  Later, I might consider getting the Neo.

If interested in the Neo, you can get one one Amazon.ca here:  https://amzn.to/3zl4bB5.  It's odd that Amazon.com doesn't carry the Neo.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Potensic Atom Follow-Me Mode

The Potensic Atom's Follow-Me mode is one of its "intelligent flight" modes.  It's a really nifty feature that uses visual...