Saturday, September 14, 2024

Potensic Atom: Two Bad Things About It

So, I have some gripes about the Potensic Atom.  I recharged the three batteries I have two weekends ago.  I was planning to take the Atom out last weekend to test the Follow-Me mode again but the weather wasn't great. Today, the weather was perfect so I rode my motorcycle out to find a place where I could safely test it in.

Two things I found out:

1) The batteries were already down to 60% capacity!  After just two weeks, the batteries were draining on their own by 40%!!  I had only 20 minutes of flight time per battery then.  I better make sure I recharge them fully everyday when I'm travelling.

2) The Follow flight mode wasn't great. It doesn't have smart AI that would track you as you move in and out of shades, or when you disappear for a second under the canopy of a tree. Yeah, it's not smart at all but it's expected. It's not a full blown computer inside the Atom. Well, at least I know now how to use properly.

After about 20 minutes of flying, the drone knew it was running out of juice so decided to return home. I had feared that it could happen so, as always, I had placed the drone in a clear spot with an uninhibited vertical take-off path. My test was within a short distance so I could just ride back to the starting point.

It's still a great drone!  I got my Atom on Amazon.ca here:  https://amzn.to/4d9qzeP.  You can get it on Amazon.com here:  https://amzn.to/4erWFDp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Potensic Atom Follow-Me Mode

The Potensic Atom's Follow-Me mode is one of its "intelligent flight" modes.  It's a really nifty feature that uses visual...