Sunday, September 22, 2024

Potensic Atom Follow-Me Mode

The Potensic Atom's Follow-Me mode is one of its "intelligent flight" modes.  It's a really nifty feature that uses visual tracking probably based on contrast and size of the subject that it's following.

So far, I found two things that will or may confuse the drone:

1) If something like a tree comes in between you and the drone, it will immediately lose visual sight and therefore visual tracking of you.  It's not a smart drone that can predict where you might go based on direction and speed, but perhaps it's a good thing.  Just imagine riding down a road and you pass under a tree with another vehicle and as we emerge from under the tree, the drone picks up the other vehicle to follow.  That would be terrible!

2) If there are objects of similar shape and size as you, the drone might get confused and might then lose track of you.  This happened to me once when I was riding a motorcycle down a stretch of a parking lot where there were some people toward the end of the stretch.  The drone lost me and stopped in the air.  It hovered there, not knowing what to do so I had to regain manual control over it.

The Follow-Me mode is certainly a very cool feature that I like a lot.  The more I play with it, the more I like it.  Perhaps, only if the drone can follow me based on the GPS location of my phone or the controller.  That would be super awesome!

You can get the Potensic Atom from Amazon.com here: https://amzn.to/3MQWWEq For Canadians, I got my Potensic Atom from Amazon.ca here: https://amzn.to/4gb6YO8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Potensic Atom Follow-Me Mode

The Potensic Atom's Follow-Me mode is one of its "intelligent flight" modes.  It's a really nifty feature that uses visual...