Sunday, September 1, 2024

Potensic Atom With 3-Axis Gimbal

This is the most exciting tool I've added to my photographic camera chest!  Recently, I purchased this Potentic Atom micro-drone in preparation for a month-long trip to South East Asisa.  I've been testing it at a cottage and what an awesome drone it is!

The new perspectives that it gives me, to be able to see things from the air, has been breathtaking.  It can do great still images and 4K videos while flying.  It has features similar to the more expensive DJI cousins like circling around you, following you, and boomeranging out.  Videos are smooth and the drone is easy to fly with the joysticks.  Extremely stable with GPS positioning, it can fly back home when the battery starts to run out of juice or when you lose connection with it.  Also, with the 3-axis gimbal, it can keep the camera horizontal with the horizon in wind.  That I thought everything it does was very impressive.

I'd say it's not cheap but for what it does, it's completely worth every dime I spent.  Hopefully, you'll be able to get one at some discount on Black Friday or Boxing Day!  If you don't want to wait, just get one from Amazon.  As of this writing, it's about $460 CAD after a $70 discount.  I bought mine from Amazon.ca here:  https://amzn.to/3AO4iFM.  It's also available on Amazon.com here:  https://amzn.to/4emS1GI

Because it's a micro-drone (under 250g) I don't actually need a license to fly it where I live in Ontario.  There are plenty of spaces where you are allowed to fly it, as long as you are being careful (e.g., not flying too close to people or airports!)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Potensic Atom Follow-Me Mode

The Potensic Atom's Follow-Me mode is one of its "intelligent flight" modes.  It's a really nifty feature that uses visual...