Monday, February 11, 2008

Shooting on cold days

You may have noticed how many of the photos I have posted recently were of winter scenes.

I am not sure how one would deal with this issue but when I went out in the cold to shoot, I never changed my lens. There were times I wanted to switch to the 80-400mm lens and other times I wanted to mount the 50mm macro lens apparatus on the camera. My fear though was humidity and condensation.

Originally, I thought maybe I can swap my lenses in the car. However, it was evident that my car was quite warmer than outside and there was a lot more humidity in the car than outside. There was no way I would remove the lens in that condition. My sensor would fog up immediately.

Coming to think about it, perhaps I could have swapped the lens in the cold though. Outside, I think the humidity was very low so I would not introduce much humidity into my camera body. I should do some research first before attempting this.

1 comment:

  1. What you need is another camera, so you don't have to swap lenses outside (:

    ReplyDelete

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.