Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Shooting on cold days, part 2

To follow up with my first post about shooting in the cold and how I feared of getting water condensation inside the camera when swapping lenses, I did some research about this and as far as what my good senses tell me, it is okay to change your lenses outside. Just make sure that you do this outside when the air feels dry and cold, and not inside your car. There is way too much humidity in the car -- remember the snow you bring in the car and the heat you turned on.

When bringing the camera into your car, you should always wrap it in a plastic bag and even wrap the camera in some cotton cloth first. This way, any moisture that gets in the bag would be trapped by the cloth. Then, wait until the camera feels warm again before taking it out of the bag. Well, I did not do anything of this but I did not change my lens either so I guess it was sort of ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.