Saturday, February 23, 2008

Get up close

Sometimes, it's about getting up close, and not getting the close-up shots, to give the perspective of its real size. I was about 30-35m from the fall. This is Webster's Fall in Hamilton, ON. It is tiny compared to Niagara Falls but standing beside it, you can feel the full force of nature.

For this shot, I set the aperture to f/16 to get enough depth for me to appear somewhat sharp in the picture, and set the shutter release delay to 20 seconds, just enough time for me to gingerly trot over to that place I stood.

2 comments:

  1. Wow nice shot, I realized I had a message in my cell phone last night from you, I guess it was too late (:, I didn't have my cell with me yesterday. This picture is very good, I didn't realized how big this fall is. I really like the blue sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might go out hiking again to another fall next weekend. If I do I will go early in the morning, before sunrise, to catch the soft sun light and make use of the incident angle of light to accentuate the features of an otherwise white landscape.

    Hopefully, the weather will keep up, dump more snow and keep the temperature low ...

    I will call you if I end up going.

    ReplyDelete

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.