Thursday, February 21, 2008

Always shoot with the best lens?


I should take a look at the lens specifications of the Tokina 80-400mm lens. I took a picture of the lunar eclipse last night but it was a little fuzzy. I wondered how the picture would turn out had I used my 18-200mm lens. The moon would be a quarter the size of this picture but if it were zoomed in, would the details be sharper or just as fuzzy.

For this shot, I mounted the lens on the tripod and used a 2-sec shutter release delay. I forgot to use the other 0.45-sec capture delay mode. The ISO speed was set at 800 (mistake I made), aperture set at f/5.6 at 400mm, and shutter speed at 1/3 secs.

Compare the photo above with the full moon I shot in Frisco, TX over the xmas holidays: moon from Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.