Sunday, February 17, 2008

Dust on the sensor

Well, I have numerous dark spots on my images now. I wonder if this resulted from my excursions into the cold over the last couple of weeks -- but how?

Anyhow, the dust spots are very apparent when you shoot something with a small aperture. In my case, at f/10 the spots become visible, and even more visible at a smaller aperture. The photo below was taken yesterday. I set the aperture value to f/16. Can you see the spots?



I am waiting to hear back from Nikon about the cost of cleaning the sensor. If Nikon is too expensive, I will learn to clean the sensor myself -- there is a number of good articles out there on sensor cleaning.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, long time without visiting this blog, and I can see you have posted tons of pictures and interesting comments. Well I will start posting some of my pictures too.
    About the dust in your sensor you can try a dust blower, I have one if you want to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I will try your dust blower if you will bring to work tomorrow. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.