Saturday, February 23, 2008

Another thing to check

Well, here is another thing to check for before taking a picture.

First, there are the shutter speed, aperture, and ISO speed. The combination of these three settings define your exposure in a given light condition.

Then, there is the composition or framing of your photo. Your artistic sense will define this.

And then, there is the front lens element or the filter. I was shooting the waterfall from 20-30 metres away and at times you can get a fair amount of the sprinkles on you, and therefore, on the camera as well. After some sprinkling, I forgot to wipe my filter dry before taking some more shots. I wasted a number of shots, just like this one here.

Here the sun is to my upper left. I did not fit the lens hood on so there is a bit of a sun glare, but with the water droplets on my lens filter, the glare was ever more apparent.

Darn it. Another thing to check.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.