Sunday, February 24, 2008

Hiking through the snow, part 2

My battle with snow continues. Yesterday, I decided to use my leather casual shoes that I weat to work for my hike. It has a thicker sole than my winter boots and is probably warmer too. The only downside I figured was that I would get plenty of snow in my socks if I were to walk in deep snow. Well, I did not have to walk in deep snow fortunately, except for a couple of times. While no snow got into my shoes or socks, I was standing in the snow long enough that my shoes started to get wet. Lo and behold, I started feeling the dampness of it.

It makes a world of a difference when your feet are dry and warm versus wet and cold. You would enjoy the hike and taking photographs much more.

So, I do not have any footwear suitable for hiking in a wet environment but before my next excursion, I will get a new pair of winter hiking boots, possibly those ones below from Sears.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.