Saturday, December 29, 2007

Houston, we have a problem

This is the sky over the Johnson Space Center in Houston. The JSC is home to the training facility as well as NASA's control center of the space shuttle missions ...

I waited for over an hour for a tour of the astronauts training facility and the rocket parts of Saturn V. By the time I got on the tram it was already 5pm. Perfect timing I thought for a shot of the western sky. I was hoping to see a rocket in front of a fiery sky but by the time we got around to visit Saturn V it was already close to 6pm.

These shots were taken handheld aboard the tram while it was moving. I focused on the brighter part of the sky (but not at the sun) to capture the yellow and also to counter the motion of the tram.

I think a nicer framing would be to take a larger landscape shot to show the yellow horizon below the blue of the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.