Sunday, December 2, 2007

Cavalcade of Lights Toronto

Downtown Toronto is a good place to take pictures at night, there are a lot of buildings with very good light like the one in the first picture, just besides the city hall.

The city hall has been decorated with lights as well and it is beautiful.

Last night I decided to see the fireworks (last minute decision because of the weather) and it was worth it, it was a nice show. I thought taking pictures of fireworks was easy, but it was complicated. This picture is not bad, but I am not very happy with this picture. I was using AP (aperture priority), I think I should had used SP (speed priority) instead.








1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I was downtown last Monday but because of rain and time, I did not get a chance to visit Nathan Philips Square.

    Where were you standing? Did you try the bridge or was it closed to the public?

    For fireworks, I think you need higher speed, higher ISO, and a wider aperture. Otherwise, the firework will come out out streaky, unless that was what you wanted to capture. I think leaving the shutter open for an extended period will work best on a calm night.

    ReplyDelete

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.