Saturday, December 1, 2007

Macro tests, redone

I had to redo the test, scientifically, so we can see the amount of light reduction as we place more and more gears in between the camera body and the lens. So this time, except for changing the gears and minimum distance to the subject, I kept everything constant and took the pictures in the same order that I did the first time around.



These results make more sense. Adding either the 2x converter or the extension tube would reduce the amount of light by the equivalent of 2 f-stops. The two together would take it down by about 4 f-stops.

The big pictures are at http://www.utm.utoronto.ca/~advu/test-macro-2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.