Saturday, December 1, 2007

DOF in macro

DOF is crazy in my macro setup at f/1.8! This is normal handwriting. Size is equivalent to 24pt or so.


This is the adjustment screw on my watch. The diameter is about 3mm or 4mm. I used f/5.6 and turned on the speedlight set at 1/32 for this shot.



This small mosquito is only 1.5-2mm long. Its body measures only 1/4th of my horizontal field of view so I cropped the image just so it fills the frame. The mosquito broke its left wing and was crawling on my bed. That gave me a good opportunity to do another macro shot. Even at f/5.6, the DOF is pretty short as you can see.


1 comment:

  1. I can see the hair coming out of the body of that mosquito (: Did you kill it after you were done with it?

    ReplyDelete

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.