Friday, December 28, 2007

High contrast

I am in Houston today, but here was a shot of the dome of the Capitol building in Austin, TX. The building has 4 or 5 floors.

I like the symmetry of the photo but the high contrast makes it for a really hard shot to take. Should one use spot or matrix metering? Spot metering would probably lead to a very dark ceiling in the lower levels so I left it to figure an average exposure based on matrix metering.

I had my tripod with me so I should have taken the same shot three times and apply HDR technique on the three shots.



As you can see in the following shot, the inside is quite bright. It was just that the dome is a lot brighter.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.