Saturday, December 1, 2007

Experimenting with darkness

Inspired by one of the Kathleen’s assignments for her camera club, I decided to play with my camera in a complete dark room this morning. Using a small flash light, a laser point, a tripod and a guitar as my subject. The time exposure for the first picture is 1.3s, f5.6 focal length 96 ISO 200. The room is dark and the only light source is my flash light.

For the second picture the exposure time is 30s, f7.1, ISO 200. The flash light is not pointing to the guitar, but it is on, so the room has some light and I am using the laser to create that thunder light effect.




The data for the last two pictures is 30s, f7.1, ISO 200 and I am just using the laser point.






4 comments:

  1. Those photos are amazing! Good enough for a cover page methink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, where does the red glow come from? A flashlight or is it some artifact of the lazer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, this is exactly what I was planning to do on those stormy nights in Toronto, except that we have not had thunder and lightning for a long while! Maybe I should pay New Mexico a visit.

    Here is a map of lightning in North America: http://www.theweathernetwork.com/lightning

    ReplyDelete
  4. The red glow comes from the laser. I took more pictures and every picture has something different. I guess it depends of what you do during the 30 seconds of exposure.

    ReplyDelete

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.