Friday, November 9, 2007

Welcome


In 2006, I took my older brother's Nikon D50 to shoot a friend's wedding. The camera was quite simple, equipped with an 18-70mm Nikkor lens and an SB-600 flash. I did not use much of its features but I thoroughly enjoyed it. That brought my curiosity and interest in the Digital SLR world up a notch.

I started looking at the Canon cameras, in particular the Digital Rebel XTi because of its reputation and cool look, but because my older brother has a D50 and I liked every bit of the few features I used at the wedding, my preference was already leaning toward a Nikon gear from the start, so down the Nikon road I walked.

After a few months of waiting and researching, I decided to invest my hobby in a Nikon D80 with the Nikkor 18-200mm lens. This lens was and is so popular that Nikon had and still has a hard time keeping up production with the demand; I had to wait 6 weeks for my order to arrive at my office. So I am quite new in the Digital SLR world and am still exploring the photons with a passion, hence this blog.

I welcome anyone to share their creativity and artistic experience with others here -- post links to your photo album or just write something of general interest or organize a day of photography.

Have fun and shoot away.

-- foton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.