Saturday, November 10, 2007

Frozen in time

This shot was taken at the Colonel Samuel Smith Park today -- I guess it could have been anywhere. There was very little wind today and yet the rocks were getting a good beating as you can see from this photo. I tried to get a good shot of a big splash and after 10 shots or so, I finally got one.

The sun was already low on the horizon at around 3:21pm so there was good surface definition. It was bright enough though I was able to shoot at 1/800 sec at f/5.6.

You should take a look at the original photo (3872 x 2592).

1 comment:

  1. Commenting my own post, I think a better angle of the shot would be perpendicular to the coast line. There I was standing behind to the right of the rocks. Next time.

    ReplyDelete

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.