Sunday, November 18, 2007

Shooting the Santa Claus parade

I just came back from the Santa Claus parade. I tell you, if you want a good shot of a marching band or those clowns and the big guy, you need to arrive at least an hour early or bring a ladder.

Other than being up a crane, one of the best place to shoot the parade is at the corner of University Ave. and Queen St. where the parade turns east. At the corner, you have a front view of the parade as well as a side view of it as it turns the corner. This is assuming you arrive early enough to find the sweet spot. I arrived too late.





From the corner I did not get any shot I liked as there were too many taller heads in front of me. So eventually, I had to move to another location. Light was poorer at the new location but I did manage some ok shots although none good of the big guy -- he was facing the other side of University Ave. when his float passed by.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.