Monday, November 26, 2007

Santa Claus Parade - Mississauga

The Santa Claus Parade in Streetsville, Mississauga was very small compared to the Toronto parade. I did not think there would be anything spectacular to shoot but I felt compeled to document the event in some small way. Again however, one mistake I made was not showing up early enough to pick a nice spot for shooting. I briskly walked down the street to find some open space while the parade was unfolding.

Here was the best shot I had of the big Santa and Mrs. Claus. It's too bad the light pole was behind the float when they passed by. I should have noticed the pole and move further down the street before shooting it.

Just before I came down to see the parade, I had brunch with Carey at the Muddy Moose restaurant and he talked about the 'image' vs. the 'subject'. You got to consider the whole picture, including the background. You do have to choose a proper background to frame the subject in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.