Saturday, November 10, 2007

Sky over Mississauga

I do not have a new photo today but I thought I'd share two shots I took a few weeks ago -- one from the U of T Mississauga parking lot, looking over the pond toward the west at 5:42pm, and another I took as I walked back to the south building from the CCT building just past 6pm.

Some of the most beautiful skies are just around dusk and dawn, when the sun is low enough on the horizon that photons get reflected off the atmosphere in very a interesting range of the spectrum. Clouds are great for the fiery effect.


These shots were taken with a Tokina 80-400mm lens at the long end. Fortunately I did not need VR for these shots.

For these shots and many other landscapes, I walk around with the Nikkor 18-200mm and the Tokina.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.