Monday, August 1, 2011

Eneloop batteries

Before the wedding this past weekend, I have been using the Duracell pre-charged rechargeable batteries for my Speedlight flash gun.  These Duracell batteries are exceptional.  They perform as expected and I can always rely on them--unlike the rechargeable Energizers I bought a few years ago.  These Duracell batteries are the low self-discharge type whereas those Energizers were the normal rechargeables.
If you read about these Duracell batteries, you are likely going to run across the Sanyo eneloop batteries.  I always wondered how good the eneloop are.  For the wedding shoot, I thought I might need four sets of batteries--I have two flash guns, so two sets per flash gun.  I was going to purchase two additional Duracell batteries but then thought I'd check with Canada Computers to see if they have any Duracell on sale.  Lo and behold, I came across the Sanyo eneloop batteries, a special edition 8-pack for $24.99.  Not cheap but cheaper than the Duracell.  These Sanyo eneloop are the second generation batteries, able to recharge up to 1500 times.  Time will tell.

I have already used these eneloop batteries in my SB-900.  They worked great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.