Saturday, August 27, 2011

Nikon D5100

It has been over a month since my friend bought a Nikon D5100 and got it shipped to my younger brother in the States.  Well, my friend will be in for a surprise when I drop by this morning with the D5100.  I just asked last night to borrow his ladder for a couple of hours this morning when I did not need one.

So I had a look at the D5100.  It feels very ergonomic.  The grip is well designed to fit nicely in the palm and fingers of your hand.  It has sort of smallish footprint and is quite lighter than the D300 I used to own.  Light is good when traveling or hiking up a hill.  The back of the D5100 has a big, bright articulate LCD screen.  This screen is big!  There is a fair degree of freedom to swivel it around.  It can swivel 180 degreees and pushed back flush against the body of the camera and operate just like a normal LCD screen.  For protection while storing away the camera, the LCD screen can be swiveled back 180 degrees so the LCD screen faces the body of the camera and its back faces out.  And one other thing I like about the design of the camera is the fact that the shooting mode dial is in the middle of the camera as opposed to the left of the camera as designed on the D80, D90 and D7000.  The dial on these latter cameras tend to get knocked out of position by accident.

I did not try the shutter release to take sample pictures.  It's Chris' camera.  He gets the first shot.

2 comments:

  1. You touched it? Did you wash your hands before touching it? Oh man - it's contaminated already!! AAaahhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you will never know where I left my fingerprint! :)

    ReplyDelete

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.