Thursday, August 18, 2011

Canon SD110

My Canon SD110 has been a real work horse.  I used it at home, on the road, on the plane, in airports, in my car, on campsites, on waters, on canoes, in forests, under canoes while portaging, in the rain, everywhere.  It had a problem with the LCD but Canon offered a free fix.  Why am I bringing the subject of this camera up now?

Well, I do like the compactness of the camera--easy and light to carry around anywhere you go.  It however takes an awfully long time to power up and and the shutter lag often misses the moment.  Is there a camera that offers speedy power-up time and near instant shutter lag?  I am contemplating at getting a Canon G10, a Canon S90, or a Nikon P90, but for almost $400, why would I spend the money on a point-and-shoot compact camera?  I could get a decent DLSR with a kit lens for that much.  I am now looking for a used G10, S90, or P90, somewhere around $100.  Even that seems pricy for a point-and-shoot, for some reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.