Monday, March 31, 2008

SD internals, part 3

Guess what -- I just found the darn little devil! It fell out into a zipper compartment of my camera bag where I stored the SDHC card two Sundays ago. Oh well, so I have a permanent write-protect tab.

For anyone interested in seeing what the plastic tab looks like, here is a couple of macro photos of it below. I used my 50mm with an extension tube for the shots. Lens was set at f/8. Speedlight was on manual at 1/128 the maximum power. The shutter speed was at 1/25 secs.

As you can see, the L shape is a hook that fits into a groove along the write-protect slot of the SDHC card. Tiny bugger.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.