Sunday, April 6, 2008

The useless battery

So, the useless battery story continues.

I have been looking around for my multimeter to measure the voltage output of the battery. Over the last little while, the multimeter had been hiding from me in an obscure place on my computer desk, behind a few leisure reading books.

Well, the battery was dead. No voltage output. Zippo. Nada. Dead. 0.0V. That was why it did not work when I was hoping or wishing it did last Saturday.

The strange thing is, my charger was not blinking when I tried to recharge the battery. (It blinks when it is charging the battery and stops when the battery is fully recharged.) Today, it is blinking, so I know the charging process is actually happening. In the middle of the charge, I took the battery out for another voltage test and it registered about 8V. Excellent.

I just need to make sure the battery actually holds a charge before carrying it around with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.