Sunday, March 2, 2008

When it's winter

Winter scenes are usually devoid of texture because of the white in the snow and the sky. On those days when the sun is out and the sky reveals its blue blanket, take some time to find some structures to shoot against the white and blue. In this case, I like the snow covered branches of this tree against a blue background. Throw in some brown and gray of natural rocks and soil and your picture will look even more amazing.

For this shot, I enhanced the contrast of the colours to create a bluer blue and to enhance some details in the snow.

The shot was also taken early in the morning when there is a fair bit of shadow, revealing more of the details in the snow. At 12 noon, the snow covered ground would purely be white.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.