Friday, March 28, 2008

"CHA" on D80

After a year, it would seem that my 4GB SDHC card is busted. I inserted it in my D80 yesterday and the message "CHA" appeared on the LCD display. You cannot shoot, you cannot do anything but turn the D80 off and replace the SD card.

This is a strange behaviour I thought so I looked up "CHA". This message appears if the SD card is write-protected or I guess if the camera cannot access the card for writing for some reason. How strange. This card does not even have a slider to write protect it.

I tried the SDHC in Windows. While I could access the files stored on it, I could not write to the card. Strange.

Strange I'd say.

On inspection of the card, I found a crack at one end of the card. You could actually pry it open a little so I guess something is broken inside. I have no idea how that happened. This sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.