Saturday, December 3, 2011

Fujifilm FinePix X100

I wondered when the compact point and shoot cameras will rival the big DSLR's in image quality.  Well, the day came a year ago from Fujifilm.  The X100 is no dinky compact point and shoot though.  I think Fujifilm saw the trend of the mirrorless camera and decided that they were going to fit a DLSR in the body of an old 35mm body and it looks really good too.  I have not played with one yet but I have read some good reviews about this camera.  It comes with a 12MP CMOS sensor that is almost as good as the Nikon D7000 sensor and a 23mm (equivalent to 35mm in 35mm cameras) f/2 lens, solid, tiny and easily portable for trips and vacations, very discreet, but with a price tag of $1200, I am not sure if I want to buy one of these yet.  Yes, I am so tempted by the cool factor but it is still $1200 with a fixed lens!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.