Sunday, December 4, 2011

Underwater camera

Every now and then, my mind wanders onto the world map in search of the next adventure trip.  My next destination in South America is still Peru.  There, I would definitely carry with me the D7000 with an assortment of lenses.  If not Peru, where could I go?  I am not sure yet but a trip to a beach resort (not to stay at the resort per se) where I could do snorkeling around a coral reef would be spendid.  My fingers have not found the perfect vacation trip yet but assuming they have, I think I would need an underwater camera.

From the reviews I have read about the Canon Powershot D10, it is a near perfect camera for the rough treatment of a beach and an underwater excursion. It is just one of the best underwater camera all around today with best overall sharpness and image quality.  The only downside I see of the camera is its bulky body design.  It is too big to insert into the pocket of your pants--it would look really weird!  The camera is too dense to float also, but this should not be a real problem if a strap is used.  On the upside, the D10 has a very practical lens zoom lenths equivalent to 35-105mm in 35mm format with image stabilization.  It can also be taken down to 10 metres deep, and as with any new cameras these days, 30fps video can be taken with it at 640x480.

The price of the Canon D10 ranges from $260 to $350.  Someone is making big bucks somewhere.  I do not want to spend more than $100 on a compact point-and-shoot but this is a waterproof compact point-and-shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.