Saturday, December 3, 2011

Epson Stylus Photo 1280 woes, final, really

So, it was not so final.  Today, I thought I'd print the photo of Parliament Hill.  The printing started out fine and then the printer refused to print black.  I knew right away what to do this time around.  I brought out the syringe, distilled water, and Windex.  I have unclogged the black print head, but how could this be?  It was printing fine then all of a sudden the whole black print head got clogged.  Air bubbles or did the nozzles did get clogged up with old ink?  The last time I used the printer was two weeks ago.  I meant to run a print job once a week to keep the print nozzles free of gonk build-ups but got lazy last week.  Well, I will try to run one print job once a week and see.

I would like to print from a laser printer but any wide format laser printer would set me back by $4000+.  Too expensive for a hobby, unless I hit a 6/49 jackpot.  For now, I will keep on battling with this inkjet printer.

Oh, I forgot to mention there are these nasty ink streaks.  I think the print head is dirty.  Other than that, the colours are coming out really nice.  I am now printing at 1440dpi some flower I took on a trip to San Francisco a couple of years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.