Monday, December 26, 2011

Laser trigger for high speed flash photography, part 2

Well, my first real test with water failed miserably.  I bought a key chain laser pointer from one of those dollar stores.  It costed me $1.40 or something like that for the laser pointer.  I taped the laser pointer onto my tripod and pointed it at the photo-resistor.  When I turned on the circuit, everything behaved as expected.  The LED does not turn on as long as the laser beam hits the photo-resistor.  If I run my finger quickly across the laser beam, the LED turns on and the flash would go off as expected.  The only problem is that when I tried it with water, the water droplet either is too small or falls too quick.  I could see half a flicker on the surface of the photo-resistor where the laser beam, but the half flicker was not sufficient to cause enough of a voltage change to trigger the LED and the flash.

I have to go back to the drawing board now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.