Sunday, November 2, 2008

Flash, again

I needed to do some comparisons again to remind myself of what settings and what orientation works best when using the built-in and the hotshoe speedlight flash in combination with the dome diffuser.

Here is Cal Ripken, my bobble head, in natural light. (There was not much light outside this morning and my blinds were half open.) Everything looks as I see it with my eyes.


Built-in flash:


Built-in flash, with a diffusion dome held in front of it:


Speedlight, pointing toward my popcorn ceiling:


Speedlight with the diffusion dome, pointing toward the popcorn ceiling:


Speedlight, pointing directly at Cal.



Speedlight with the diffusion dome, pointing directly at Cal.



You might wonder what all the crap is behind Cal. Those of some of my camping gears that I will be taking with me to Costa Rica. The lens beside Cal is the Tokina AT-X 80-400mm.

Also, notice that I have popcorn ceiling so light does not bounce back as uniformly as if I had a flat ceiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.