Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Santa Elena Cloud Forest, part 2

Here is another shot with the Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 in the Santa Elena Cloud forest.

Handheld, I propped against the railing of a wooden bridge. John and Andrew were on the bridge but soon, Andrew would get off it. The platform on the bridge became more stable. I took a breath and as I exhaled, depressed the shutter release button. I shot a couple of times. Both pictures turned out really good, even when shot at f/16 for 1.5 seconds.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent shot, handheld for 1.5 seconds wow, that is a difficult one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you will really enjoy the Encantado trail in Santa Elena, but you need a lot more time than we had. We were rushing through it because of the bus schedule.

    The Santa Elena cloud forest was nice. I started to wonder if another less-visited cloud forest would offer more opportunities to catch a glimpse of a bird or two, or some howler monkeys (we heard them in Santa Elena but did not see them), and more critters.

    ReplyDelete

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.