Friday, November 28, 2008

Second Curtain Sync

Second Curtain Sync. What is this?. My speedlite 430EX manual says you
need to use slow shutter speed and set the flash to second curtain-sync.
You will create a light trail following the subject. The flash fires right
before the shutter closes. I decided to try hitting a piece of my chess
game and here are the results.




You can see the initial location of the chess piece and the final location after hitting it. another effect of this technique is that my hand and the piece I am using to hit the other piece become trasparent and you can see through them

2 comments:

  1. I've accidentally switched to this mode a few times already. :) Try shooting a moving car with it. The effect will be really neat.

    Well, I was supposed to be in Ottawa this morning but the plan got changed so I am stuck in Mississauga. Well, this is all good ... I get some time to catch up on some things, including rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, I like that cloudy, smudgy background. What is it?

    ReplyDelete

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.