Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Camera hand grip, part 2

Well, it arrived today. It looks ok. It's a simple design with leather on the outside and some nylon fabric inside. There are two straps, one for securing the hand grip to the camera and another for your thumb to pull the hand grip in.

Setup was simple. It came with some drawn instructions. However, I was hoping I could loop the hand grip strap through the same ring that the Nikon neck strap is looped through but they are too thick together. I had to move the Nikon neck strap to the ring of the hand grip.

Overall, I don't like the strap configuration. The second strap that your thumb feeds through lies between the back of your hand and the nylon material. It is a bit irritating that I can feel the strap so I rerouted the strap so it runs between the leather and the nylon fabric.

So, it arrived before my trip so Costa Rica will be a good test of this hand grip. I hope my camera does not attract too much attention ... given that the purpose of this hand grip is to allow me to hold it for a longer duration without getting stiff hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.