Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Picture of Cuba, part 4


The relaxing part of Cuba (the resort). This is where you get away from the worries of everyday life for a little comfort in the sun and white sand. The beach in the Ancon Peninsula was truly amazing. It is probably not as beautiful as the white sands of Varadero but darn, the water was salty and warm. If you have muscle aches, jump in the water for a while. It will do you good.

These shots were taken close to the brightest part of the day around 11am but everything was so bright so it actually came out ok! :)

On the second last night of the trip, I came back from Trinidad to the resort, trying to capture the sunset. I would found out on the last night of my trip there is no good time around this period of the year. There is a haze of sort in the distant horizon. The sun looks dirty and the sky is dotted with gray, not the fiery sky I am used to in Toronto. In any case, I came back to the resort, had a quick dinner and ran out to the beach to a shot. To my amazement, the sky was filled with gray clouds. A few drops of water started to drizzle down and mosquitoes came to eat me alive. I took a couple of shots before scurrying back to my air-conditioned room.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.