Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Artic Butterfly, part 3

So, in Cuba, there was a fair bit of dust flying around. I swapped my lenses only a couple of times, but apparently there were some dust on my mirror now and they are quite visible. My first reaction to seeing dust spots in the viewfinder was "damn, I got dust on the sensor again!". Duh, the dust was on the mirror not the sensor. Still, I did get some dust on the sensor.

I brought my Artic Butterfly on the trip but could not use it. My battery did not have enough juice to operate the 'mirror lock-up' function of the camera. I was kicking myself in the butt for not bringing the charger -- and I did not bring it only because I thought you would need an adapter for the Cuban electric outlets. I was wrong. Well, at least, the Ancon hotel I stayed has this cool power outlet that fits both the Cuban electrical prongs as well as the North American standard. I have a picture of it somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.