Friday, May 2, 2008

Colour saturation

Here is another tool I found useful to adjust the colours of the original image. I use a software called IrfanView, an excellent image viewer that can do basic image manipulation. I do use Windows' built-in image viewer but do switch to IrfanView most of the time.

Below is an example of what I have done with a picture I took in the fall. The original picture looks a little bland. I loaded it in IrfanView, sharpened it a bit, and then increased the saturation level. The result is something much more fall-ish. The red is redder. The yellow is yellower. Blue looks very blue. The image is my desktop background now.



Original image:

Final image:



Alright, I am off to the Photographic and Imaging Show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.