Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Cuba, here I come!

After two nights researching for the best resort in Cuba, I have finally booked my package. Since I did not want another 'Toronto' (an upscale Cuban resort) a sales agent at SellOffVacations.com recommended that I do not go to Varadero. Varadero is a paradise but I am not about to fly 2000km just to see a beautiful resort. I wanted to see some nice beach, do some snorkelling, visit the historical monuments, and immerse myself in the culture of the locals. It came down to two choices: resorts in the province of Cienfuegos or Santa Lucia (Camaguey).

There is Trinidad (in Cienfuegos?), a must-see in addition to La Habana, and has nice beaches, probably nicer than those in Varadero I read. Santa Lucia has very nice coral reefs, excellent for snorkelling and I would really like to do snorkelling. All in all, the resorts in these two provinces are not as nice as those in Varadero but from reviews I have read, they are not bad at all, I hope. After flip-flopping for a while, I settled on Club Ancon on the Ancon Peninsula.

I am flying out this Friday. I gotta go shopping now. Then, I will pack my camera and lenses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.