Sunday, January 20, 2008

Where are your photos? Part 3.

This morning, I have reverted back to my Slackware 11 installation. The host OS must go on a compact flash card however, one of these days.

This time around, instead of building a 900GB RAID5 storage, I decided to build a 600GB RAID5 storage instead using three of the four drives I have. The fourth drive will be a hot spare. Why not build 900GB now? Because it will take me years to fill it up. By the time I get closer to 500GB, my drives might start to break down and I would have to replace them with bigger drives then.

At last count, I thought I have 30GB of images. It is actually 43GB.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.