Thursday, January 3, 2008

What will they think of next

As I am preparing for my flight back to Toronto, I thought I'd re-check what I thought I read earlier this week. I was on a .gov website that talked about a new rule for flyers carrying rechargeable batteries, effective January 1, 2008. As it stands, the rule applies to Lithium-based batteries, the kind you use for your digital cameras, in checked-in luggage. I have 10 Nickel Metal Hydride rechargeable AA batteries for the strobe, so they are ok. I also have two extra Lithium-ion batteries for my camera though. That might be a problem, so I had to check. Here was the .gov website:

http://safetravel.dot.gov/whats_new_batteries.html

I could not find the original .gov website initially. I found this good web article that also talks about it:

http://www.divephotoguide.com/articles/flying_with_lithium_batteries

Carrying the two extra Lithium-ion batteries with me on the plane should be ok, except that I have no idea how many grams of Lithium content they have. Well, remember the other battery is actually dead so if there is a problem with too many batteries, I would just throw it away. :)

What will they think of next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.